This page was exported from Shelburne Free Press
Export date: Wed Apr 21 14:26:04 2021 / +0000 GMT
The holiday season is here and unfortunately so are opportunistic thieves. The OPP suggest there are a number of ways to ensure that your purchases make it to the right person this holiday and do not end up stolen. The OPP is encouraging citizens to “Lock It OR Lose It”. A vehicle with an unlocked door or an open window is an easy target.
Here are some crime prevention tips for citizens to ensure their safety and security:
• Always roll up your vehicle's windows, lock the doors and pocket the key.
• If you have a garage, use it and lock the door as well as your vehicle.
• Keep your vehicle registration certificate/proof of insurance on you at all times.
• Always park your vehicle in a well-lit area.
• Never leave valuable objects or packages in full view. Put them in the trunk.
• Never leave your vehicle unattended while it is running.
Under the “Lock It OR Lose It” program, parked vehicles are examined to confirm they are locked and that no valuables have been left in plain view.
A “Lock It OR Lose” notice is placed on every vehicle checked which specifies what safety precautions were ignored and simple prevention tips are provided which drivers can use to protect their vehicles and valuables from theft.
Please do your part in making this year's holiday season a safe and memorable experience and remember crime is preventable.
Post date: 2015-11-30 11:13:14
Post date GMT: 2015-11-30 16:13:14
Post modified date: 2015-12-04 17:55:09
Post modified date GMT: 2015-12-04 22:55:09
Powered by [ Universal Post Manager ] plugin. MS Word saving format developed by gVectors Team www.gVectors.com